Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
SEN procedures ensure that all stakeholders are involved in meetings and decision-making processes.
We consult with our SEND pupils in a range of ways:
- Daily consultations about lessons/activities
- Discussions about pupils views of their achievements/performances
The SENCo, teachers and support staff work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. Our pupils take an active role in discussing and setting their targets and discussing resources and strategies they feel support them successfully.
Pupils review their progress and support regularly, helping school staff modify the support for maximum impact.
Pupils are included in the review meetings where they can set their new targets and say how they feel about school, their strengths and difficulties.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and required support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through a review of a child’s SEND Support Plan or the Annual Review of their EHC Plan.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements please contact the school to arrange an appointment.