Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. The children take an active role with setting their targets, discussing them with the class teacher/SENCO.
The children have regular meetings with support staff to discuss their progress and support.
Add in the school’s arrangements for Pupil Voice in school developments (School to provide)
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through a review of a child’s SEND Support Plan or the Annual Review of their Statement of SEN or EHC Plan.
We consult with our SEND pupils in a range of ways:
- Daily consultations about lessons/activities
- Discussions about pupils views of their achievements/performances
Pupils are included in the review meetings where they can set their own targets and say how they feel about school, their strengths and difficulties.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements please contact the school to arrange an appointment.