The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent. The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
Below we have listed some of the outside agencies that may be involved in supporting pupils with SEND at Ouston Primary School.
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Central Durham Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAHMS)
- Parent Partnership Service
- Parent Support Worker
- One Point Chester-le-Street Hub
- Children and Families Act 2014
If you have any questions about SEND please contact the school and we will try our best to help you.