Health and Safety/Safeguarding Activities for Children Overview
At our school we ensure that each year group has at least one Health and Safety activity per year at an age appropriate level. These are as follows:
- Early Years & Year 1: PCSO visits (Stranger Danger and other topics)
- Year 2: Fire Safety (fire- engine and firefighters visit school)
- Year 3: Road Safety, Swimming
- Year 4: Thrills and Skills for Life – Outdoor Adventures and 1st Aid Responder Training, Cycling Proficiency (level 1)
- Year 5: Cycling Proficiency (level 2), NSPCC workshop (or in Y6)
- Year 6: Safety Workshops, (Local Emergency Services) Drug/Alcohol Education (School Nurse).
All year groups have annual E- Safety modules as part of our ICT curriculum and workshops with our PCSO.
All year groups have a bi- annual NSPCC information Assembly and a ‘Safety Around Dogs’ workshop by the Dogs Trust.
Healthy lifestyle activities and teaching form part of our PE and Science curriculum.
We also cover some of these aspects in our Sex and Relationships Policy and Curriculum.