At our school we ensure that each year group has at least one Health and Safety activity per year at an age appropriate level. These are as follows:
- Early Years & Year 1: PCSO visits (Stranger Danger and other topics)
- Year 2: Fire Safety (fire- engine and fire-fighters visit school)
- Year 3: Road Safety, Swimming
- Year 4: Thrills and Skills for Life – Outdoor Adventures and 1st Aid Responder Training
- Year 5: Cycling Proficiency, NSPCC workshop
- Year 6: Safety Carousel, Drug/Alcohol Education, NSPCC workshop, Cycling Proficiency
All year groups have annual E- Safety modules as part of our ICT curriculum and workshops with our PCSO.
All year groups have an annual NSPCC information Assembly.
Healthy lifestyle activities and teaching form part of our PE and Science curriculum.
We have recently updated our Sex and Relationships Policy and Curriculum and this will be taught from September 2016.